Created in 2017, TB-Net is a network of 8 (eight) international NGOs that works in regular partnership with the United Nations Treaty Bodies and their Secretariats. Each member is specialised in the work of one Committee and acts as their focal/contact point to facilitate civil society engagement.
Our current member organisations and their respective partner Committees:
- Centre for Civil and Political Rights– Human Rights Committee
- Child Rights Connect – Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Convention against Enforced Disappearances Initiative– Committee on Enforced Disappearances
- Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights– Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- International Disability Alliance– Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- International Movement Against All Forms of Discrimination and Racism– Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- International Women’s Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific– Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women
- World Organisation Against Torture– Committee Against Torture
Our mission is to support and enhance the effectiveness of the UN Treaty Bodies as a mean to ensure accountability and respect of the UN Human Rights Conventions by:
Increasing well-informed participation of civil society:through the reinforcement of the dialogue with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), provision of relevant and updated information, and identification and boost of synergies in their work before the UN Treaty Bodies.
Expanding the accessibility and quality of Treaty Body procedures:by strengthening the dialogue and cooperation with the Committees and by advocating for the harmonisation of their methods of work, as well as for substantive coherence among them.
TB-Net welcomes the collaboration with every interested party with a view to raising commitment to the improvement of the Treaty Body system and the engagement of CSOs, thereby advancing the human rights defence throughout the world. To learn more, please write to email@example.com.